Saturday, November 5, 2016

UNFCCC COP22 and Before the Flood

The 22nd United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change Conference of the Parties, and the one-year follow-up to the Paris talks and the Paris Agreement that went into force yesterday, is in Marrakech, Morocco and I am attending as a UCAR member!  The conference starts Monday, but I will be attending week 2, November 14-18th.  I plan to use Twitter as a means of sharing my experience https://twitter.com/keah88, so follow along there.  I will also put together a video and presentation when I return to summarize the experience, so stay tuned.

http://newsroom.unfccc.int/cop22marrakechinformationhub/cop-22cmp-12cma-1-information-hub-participation-and-accreditation/

I also wanted to plug the excellent new Leonardo DiCaprio documentary, "Before the Flood."  I had an opportunity to pre-screen it on October 26th with about 90 students/faculty on my campus and the movie was very well done and quite moving.  It's possibly still freely available for you to watch through a variety of streaming platforms (on your TV, look at the on demand options from National Geographic Channel).